EY Digital Nations: Switzerland (2017)
Summary of findings
Digital Switzerland: the Swiss are online – where are you?
- Swiss consumers are digitally savvy - they are always online. 90% of the Swiss population use smartphones and spend on average 8 hours 48 minutes on their devices every day.
- The Swiss are demanding users and have high expectations from digital channels.
- Privacy protection is non-negotiable, but consumers don’t trust that their data is secure.
- Businesses have to accelerate to better tap into the digital savviness of Swiss customers and focus on improving customer experiences.
- Government can play an important role in building the Swiss digital brand (digital trustworthiness).
- Cybersecurity needs to be at the centre of such a brand and could be at the core of Switzerland's digital proposition.
Location factors - Switzerland
- Stable, secure, competitive, innovative, trustworthy, demanding and digitally advanced.
- Top 5 market in Europe in terms of digital readiness, with high propensity to benefit from local and global in the Digital Age.